The last day for applicants to submit all relevant hardcopy to institution is on Wednesday, 08 March 2017.
||The HECAS online application is opened twice a year. The 1st Round is in February while the 2nd Round is in August. Programmes offered during these two rounds may vary. Please refer to 'ENTRY REQUIREMENT FOR HECAS' or ITEM 18 for current programmes offered by local higher education institutions (HEIs) or Scholarship Section, Ministry of Education.
||HECAS is opened for holders of valid Brunei Darussalam issued identity cards (yellow/purple/green). Only citizens of Brunei Darussalam (yellow I.C. holders) who have at least a Credit C6 in Bahasa Melayu in Brunei Cambridge GCE 'O' Level can apply for scholarship (local or overseas).
||HECAS does not process applicants of government servants applying for in-service training or foreign applicants who do not have valid Brunei Darussalam issued IC. For more information on related issues, applicants can contact the Admission Office of the respective HEIs or Scholarship Section, Ministry of Education to inquire about the application procedures.
||Applicants must use their OWN identity cards to apply through HECAS. Follow the procedures posted in the GUIDELINES on ways to register via your mobile phone and to fill in the HECAS online form.
||Applicants who are currently studying in local HEIs or on overseas scholarship ARE NOT ALLOWED to re-apply or change to a new programme through HECAS.
||Please read the ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR HECAS for the entrance requirements of local HEIs or for overseas scholarship and number of sittings allowed for GCE 'O' and 'A' Level examinations. Applicants are advised to APPLY ONLY TO PROGRAMME(S) RELEVANT TO THEIR QUALIFICATIONS.
||Applicants must select and enter the programmes choices in the order of their preference, i.e. the 1st choice would be the most preferred by the applicant, followed by less preferred programmes as 2nd choice, 3rd and so on.
||Applicants who wish to apply only for overseas scholarship MUST also apply for at least ONE programme offered by local HEIs.
Applicants are only allowed to select a maximum of TWO programmes from each of the local HEIs or for overseas scholarship. The maximum number of programmes that applicants can select is SIX. The charges are based on the number of programmes selected as per below:
|No. of Programmes
||The Brunei Cambridge GCE ‘AS’ Level qualification IS NOT considered as Brunei Cambridge GCE ‘A’ Level qualification and it will not be used in deciding the application status of applicants.
||For similar subject taken at different sittings, just enter the BEST grade obtained. Year obtained should be entered in accordance to what was stated in the certificate and not the date the results are announced. For example, grades obtained for Mathematics in ‘A’ Level June 2009 and November 2009 were ‘C’ and ‘D’ respectively. So the best grade would be ‘C’ and the year obtained was June 2009.
||All photocopied academic achievements to be submitted must be certified by the last school/institution attended.
||Once submitted successfully, applicants are required to print out their HECAS online forms and submit together with their relevant documents to the institution they have applied. Please refer to ITEM 13 on relevant documents to be submitted. For example, if an applicant applied to UNISSA and PB, then he/she needs to send all relevant hardcopy to UNISSA and PB.
||Please refer to the following checklist on relevant documents to be submitted to the the institution applied. This checklist should be submitted together with all relevant documents:
I. Scholarship Section Checklist
Scholarship Section, Ministry of Education, requires only ONE SET of relevant documents and FOUR copies of Borang B even if applicants apply to 2 programmes. Each set consists of a single copy for each completed HECAS application forms, certificates and relevant supporting documents. Click HERE to download theScholarship Section checklist.
II. Universiti Brunei Darussalam Checklist
- For candidates applying to UBD,you are also required to complete the UBD Online Admissions Application (OASys) at this link.
( https://apply.ubd.edu.bn/orbeon/uis-welcome/ )
- HECAS candidates who fail to complete and submit the UBD Online Admissions Application (OASys) will not be considered.
- You are not required to submit any paper application or documents to UBD.
- For assistance with the UBD Online Admission Application (OASys), please contact us
- by email email@example.com (Quote HECAS2017 R1 in the email subject) or
- visit us at Student Central, Student Affairs building, Universiti Brunei Darussalam.
- For more information, please visit our website www.ubd.edu.bn
III. Universiti Islam Sultan Sharif Ali Checklist
UNISSA requires TWO SET of relevant documents and FOUR copies of Borang B. Each set consists of a single copy for each completed HECAS application forms, certified academic achievements and relevant supporting documents. Click HERE to download the UNISSA checklist.
IV. Universiti Teknologi Brunei Checklist
- Following the online applications, applicants are required to submit a print out of their application form (HECAS) together with a copy of identity card, certified true copies of academic and relevant documents to the University AND make an online application at Apply@UTB.
- UTB Online Application
- All applicants to UTB, are required to complete the University Online Application 'Apply@UTB'. Applicants who fail to complete this University Online Application will not be considered.
- For assistance with the Online Application, please contact the Staff and Student Centre at 2461010 ext 5162, 5163 and 5170.
- Click HERE to download the UTB checklist.
V. Politeknik Brunei Checklist
BP requires THREE SETS of relevant documents and FOUR copies of Borang B. Each set consists of a single copy of each completed HECAS application form, certified academic achievements and relevant supporting documents. Click HERE to download the PB checklist.
||To edit information in the submitted HECAS form in the system, applicants can click the "Unsubmit Application Form" button and then log in to edit their information. This is allowed as long as it is done before the closing date of HECAS.
||It is the responsibility of every applicant to make sure all information entered are correct and complete. HEIs and Scholarship Section, Ministry of Education reserve the right to REJECT applications which are incomplete, contained false information or received after the 3rd working day of HECAS closing date.
||Tracking number and password received after registration are only valid for the same year. Applicants who wish to apply again in the following year must apply as a new applicant and get a new tracking number and password.
||After announcement of HECAS application result, unsuccessful applicant who meet the entry requirement set by HEIs or Scholarship Section, if he/she wishes, can send letter of appeal to HEIs or Scholarship Section for consideration to programme he/she is qualified. However, applicants are given 3 working days to send their letters of appeal.
||Programmes available for HECAS 2017 (1st Round) are shown below:
Programmes Available for HECAS 2017 (1st Round)
|Universiti Brunei Darussalam (UBD)
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Engineering
- Bachelor of Health Science (Major in Medicine)
- Bachelor of Health Science (Major in Biomedical Science)
- Bachelor of Health Science (Major in Pharmacy)
- Bachelor of Health Science (Major in Nursing)
- Bachelor of Health Science (Major in Midwifery)
- Bachelor of Health Science (Major in Dentistry)
- Bachelor of Science in Digital Economy
Islam Sultan Sharif Ali
||Bachelor of Arabic Language
||Bachelor of Islamic History & Civilisation
||Bachelor of Shariah (Fiqh & Judiciary)
||Bachelor of Shariah (Fiqh & Usul)
||Bachelor of Usuluddin (Tafsir & Hadith)
||Bachelor of Usuluddin ('Aqiqah & Da'wah)
||Bachelor of Tahfiz and Qira'at
||Bachelor of Science in Islamic Finance
||Bachelor of Business Management
||Bachelor of Laws and Bachelor of Shariah Law
Higher National Diploma
||Higher National Diploma in al-Dirasaat al-Islamiyyah
||Higher National Diploma in Shariah Criminal Justice System
||Certificate of Shariah Criminal Justice System
|Universiti Teknologi Brunei
||Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) in Civil Engineering
||Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) in Civil & Structure Engineering
||Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) in Chemical Engineering
||Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) in Petroleum Engineering
||Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) in Electrical & Electronic Engineering
||Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) in Mechatronics Engineering
||Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) in Mechanical Engineering
||Bachelor of Business (Hons) in Business Information Systems
||Bachelor of Business (Hons) in Finance & Risk Management
||Bachelor of Business (Hons) in Marketing & Information Systems
||Bachelor of Business (Hons) in Accounting & Information Systems
||Bachelor of Business (Hons) in Applied Economics & Finance
||Bachelor of Business (Hons) in Technology Management
||Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Applied Mathematics and Economics
||Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Food Science and Technology
||Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Internet Computing
||Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Computing
||Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Computing with Data Analytics
||Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Creative Multimedia
||Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Digital Media
||Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Computer Network & Security
- Level 5 Diploma in IT Network and Security
- Level 5 Diploma in Information Systems
- Level 5 Diploma in Web Development
- Level 5 Diploma in Digital Media
- Level 5 Diploma in Library Informatics and Computing
- Level 5 Diploma in Business Accounting and Finance
- Level 5 Diploma in Business Studies
- Level 5 Diploma in Business Studies (Entrepreneurship)
- Level 5 Diploma in Business Studies (Human Resource Management)
- Level 5 Diploma in Business Studies (Marketing)
- Level 5 Diploma in Petroleum Engineering
- Level 5 Diploma in Telecommunications and Systems Engineering
- Level 5 Diploma in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Level 5 Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- Level 5 Diploma in Civil Engineering
- Level 5 Diploma in Science Technology (Chemical Laboratory Technology)
- Level 5 Diploma in Interior Design
- Level 5 Diploma in Architecture
- Level 4 Diploma in Health Science (Midwifery)
- Level 4 Diploma in Health Science (Nursing)
- Level 4 Diploma in Health Science (Paramedic)
Ministry of Education
Undergraduate Degree Programme
(Please refer to ENTRY REQUIREMENT FOR HECAS for more information)